To serve through fitness and community to positively influence the wellness of those around us.
Every body is an athlete. That philosophy has guided my training since I began sharing and teaching fitness over 5 years ago. We all use our muscles, hearts, and bones to move around the world, and when you train, your capacities improve, making the difficult things easier and the fun things more fun.
I have played, trained, and competed in an eclectic variety of physical activities. My biggest passions right now are dance and martial arts. The list also includes running, hiking, soccer, stand-up paddle-boarding, slacklining, highland games, rock-climbing, tennis, yoga, and of course, physical training.
Learning such varied movement modalities has given me an appreciation for the amazing range of movements the human body is capable of. It's also showed me that the same movement principles apply to many activities. As far as I'm concerned, it's ALL dancing. Movement in rhythmic sequence.
A few other things that bring me joy are being in nature, reading a good book, preparing and eating nutritious meals, and of course being with family and friends.
● Personal Training Specialist, Canfitpro
● First Aid and CPR Level C, Alert First-Aid
● Canadian Fall Prevention Curriculum, University of Victoria
● HealthESteps Coach, UBC
● Mobility Fundamentals for Prehab and Performance, Rehab-U
● Biomechanical Deficits and Corrective Exercises, Body Blueprint
● Active Kids: Training Children and Teens, Body Blueprint
● Active Aging Certificate, Canfitpro
● Stand up Paddleboard Instructor, Paddle Canada